CBS MoneyWatch recently published what they called the “20 Craziest Job Interview Questions.” The questions, they claimed, were real job interview questions that “such companies as Google, Capital One, and Goldman Sachs asked internship candidates.” Our writer Giles Turnbull could do with a proper job, so we assigned him all 20 questions to see how he’d fare in the global marketplace. Headhunters, contact us for his direct line.
Facebook: Twenty-five racehorses, no stopwatch, five tracks. Figure out the top three fastest horses in the fewest number of races.
The fewest number of races is one. Just keep those suckers running round and round and round until they collapse from exhaustion. The final three make it through, the rest end up as dog food. Actually, I thought that’s how they make dog food.
Goldman Sachs: Suppose you had eight identical balls. One of them is slightly heavier and you are given a balance scale. What’s the fewest number of times you have to use the scale to find the heavier ball?
You don’t need the scales at all, you just juggle those cuties. The heaviest one will be revealed in seconds. I did a juggling course at college, I totally know what I’m doing here. You’ve seen that trick where people juggle a chainsaw, a dead rodent, and a lemon? Turns out you can tell which one is the chainsaw even if you’re juggling with your eyes closed. You can just tell what’s heavy as it passes through your hands. And that’s science.
Towers Watson: Estimate how many planes there are in the sky.
What, the sky just here? Or the whole sky, everywhere? And do you just mean big planes like 747s, or are you including itty-bitty one-seaters, and training flights for learner pilots? What about remote-control planes? Those drones the Army uses to spy on people? They could have thousands of those and none of us would know. That’s a very wide question. I’m going to say six. No, 14.
Diageo North America: If you walk into a liquor store to count the unsold bottles, but the clerk is screaming at you to leave, what do you do?
What in the name of God would I be doing counting unsold bottles in a liquor store? Are you trying to fuck with my mind? I mean, what is that supposed to even mean?
- lerevel reblogged this from kateoplis
- ceejaycregg reblogged this from loveyoutrick
- loveyoutrick reblogged this from kateoplis
- maintain likes this
- quidnunc-life likes this
- omariali reblogged this from kateoplis
- bencourts reblogged this from kateoplis
- bencourts likes this
- newspaperthings likes this
- gatita likes this
- melecwi likes this
- esotericalsuperstar reblogged this from kateoplis
- betacurea reblogged this from kateoplis
- charzzzar likes this
- ohmydarkestplace likes this
- schicksalswende likes this
- soundofwindy likes this
- omariali likes this
- smudgiemomma likes this
- shellyat reblogged this from kateoplis
- tokyoschoolgirls reblogged this from kateoplis
- b0he-mia likes this
- jessk likes this
- canoca likes this
- hiqus reblogged this from kateoplis
- boomarang69 reblogged this from kateoplis and added:
- macmankev likes this
- jamtinfrancis reblogged this from kateoplis
- jesperfm likes this
- sheisillsheishollow likes this
- dreamingsilverskies likes this
- tronkocahondo likes this
- jigjugs likes this
- safno likes this
- luckyjimjd reblogged this from kateoplis
- parentheticalaside reblogged this from kateoplis and added:
- monoclephoto likes this
- mediyoker likes this
- flaina-aloor likes this
- hiyaheather reblogged this from kateoplis
- cheeseissex likes this
- elysia-is likes this
- mrhalfway likes this
- im-sorry-darling-dearest likes this
- maddogwoofwoof reblogged this from kateoplis
- beautifulmoth likes this
- danatheexplaina likes this
- gre4tvalue likes this
- eighty-seven likes this